Now you know how important Staging is to sell your home! Here are very important TIPS to get you started!
1. CURB APPEAL! Buyers first see your home from the outside. Make sure it’s freshly manicured, fresh mulch, and tidy! Put away or hid your hoses, garden tools and toys. You don’t want people to pass you by because your home wasn’t inviting.
2. SPARKLING CLEAN! Clean every corner, every molding, every counter. Believe me—buyers see everything. A good sponge and multi-surface cleanser goes a long way!
3. CLEAR CLUTTER! Sounds obvious but put everything away. It’s easy to put your valuables away and put away your mail, weekly clutter and piles! Buy a bin and get it out of your home during this process.
4. CLOSETS! Yes! Organize your closets. Buyers open every door, every closet, every pantry. Make it neat! It also helps you to start to purge your home from items you don’t need anymore anyway.
5. STYLE YOUR MAIN ROOMS! Ask your Realtor or Stager—arranging your pictures, adding or removing accessories, fresh flowers, lots of pillows. Less is more but it’s all how it’s styled! Buyers love to see the Living and Dining rooms—make them stand out.
6. BATHROOMS! Put away your personal items, please! No one needs to see what shampoo you use or brand of soap. Close the toilets, get a new shower curtain, fresh clean towels. It has to look extremely clean!
7. ASK YOUR REALTOR!! They are your best resource! You don’t have to spend a lot—a trip to Home Goods is only helpful if you know what you’re looking for.
REMEMBER THAT STAGING IS NOT DECORATING AND IT ISN’T NECESSARILY YOUR PERSONAL TASTE—IT’S TO BRING IN THE MOST BUYERS AND GET THE HIGHEST SALES PRICE IN THE SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME. GOOD LUCK!